FLGenWeb Digital Library and Archives
ALBERTSON, George M.
Transcribed from: The History of Florida: Past & Present, The Lewis Publishing Co., 1923.
Pesented by Nancy Rayburn
ALBERTSON, GEORGE M. is an ex-service man and has achieved a notable record in the automobile
business. He is now located at West Palm Beach, where he is a dealer in and distributor for
the Dodge Brothers motor cars.
He was born at Waycross, Georgia, in 1894, was properly educated in that city and also attended
the schools of Jacksonville, Florida, after his parents moved there. Mr. ALBERTSON had acquired
a thorough knowledge of both mechanical and business sides of the automobile industry before
the war. He was for several years located at Tifton, Georgia. In May, 1917, he enlisted at
Jacksonville in the United States Navy, and was in service nearly two years. He was assigned
to duty as machinist mate at Charleston, where he was trained, and subsequently was on convoy
duty out of New York and on the high seas until the close of the war. Mr. ALBERTSON received
his honorable discharge in February, 1919.
Early in 1920 he came to West Palm Beach. His success in the automobile business has been
a remarkable one. As the authorized distributor for this city and territory of the Dodge
Brothers Motor Cars his sales had expanded to such an extent that by 1922 his old quarters
were outgrown. He then removed to and is now located in a large modern plant at the corner
of South Poinsettia and Hibiscus streets. This plant contains a show room and also a completely
equipped service and repair department in the charge of expert mechanics for the convenience
of Dodge car owners.
Mr. ALBERTSON also takes an active and vigorous part in local affairs through his membership
in the Chamber of Commerce, the Kiwanis Club and the American Legion.
This page created August 24, 2010
© 2010 Fran Smith